Moong dhal - 1 cup
Ghee - 2 cups
Sugar - 3 cups
Cardamom - 2 or 3 pieces
Water -- 1 cup
Kesari colour - 1 tsp
1. Fry the moong dhal in a pan for some time .
2. Boil the dhal and then make it into a smooth paste.
3. Put a thick bottomed kadai on fire and add sugar and water and allow the sugar to dissolve.
4. Add colour to it.
5. Now add the dhal and cook it in a slow flame and then add ghee little by little. Finally add the cardamom.
6. Stir continuously to make a soft but not a sticky halwa.
7. Serve hot .
It is very famous in Thiruvaiyaru at Thanjavur dt.